This doesn’t happen often, but we are currently hiring FULL TIME positions. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of homeless teens! Training will start in the beginning of October. Come by and fill out an application today! Part time and PRN positions available too! We offer flexible scheduling, benefits, and a very rewarding career! Must be 21 years or older and have a high school diploma or GED to qualify.all 903-893-4717 or come by to fill out an application.
Volunteer Your Time!
Volunteers provide a variety of services – in our office, in the shelter directly with the kids, and more.
Volunteer opportunities are categorized as to the amount of contact with youth in the shelter and include regular contact, limited contact, or no contact.
We are committed to making your volunteerism efforts at our facility a partnership beneficial to you as well as our clients, so please let us know if you have an idea that is not listed on our site.
How would you like to help our youth be exposed to 180 different concepts in a 3-month period?
Sound fun? You can be involved!
The youth in our residential shelter participate in a copyrighted “Discovery” summer program designed to offer them exposure to a variety of cultural, recreational and social arenas, as well as allowing them to develop by gaining life skills.
Do you have a skill you would like to showcase, or hobbies you might like to share with these youth?
- How to handle an interview
- Speaking Spanish …
- Must be at least 21 years of age to have regular contact with shelter youth.
- Background check performed at no cost to volunteer.
- Must sign confidentiality agreement.
- One-hour training/orientation required. Regular, ongoing contact with shelter youth requires additional training. We provide monthly or bi-monthly training opportunities at no cost to our volunteers.
- Current TB test required of all volunteers having contact with youth. These are paid by the volunteer, available at the Health Department for approximately $15.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, contact us by phone or email.